Organizing cleaning supplies

021_web

I’ve had some questions on how I organize my cleaning supplies so I thought I’d give you the grand tour.

I’ve said it before but here I go again, keep your stuff where you use it! This basically means I have cleaning things in several places in our little house. The photo above shows the cleaning section of my broom cabinet in the kitchen. Here I keep the things I use to clean the upstairs and kitchen.

028_web

In a super narrow cabinet in the tiny upstairs bathroom there is just enough space for some cleaning products. I don’t use the original packaging, but find smaller containers to fill instead.

030_web

In a Muji container in the downstairs bathroom I also keep some. Again in smaller prettier containers than the original.

033_web

In the garage there is a wire shelving system and on the top shelf I keep old used dish clothes and scouring pads which I’ve laundered. I use them once more on garage projects, like wiping down newly sanded boards or cleaning the bike. After that I toss them. There are also some cleaning products there.

034_web

In the downstairs pantry I keep the bulk containers of cleaning products, a supply of scouring pads and dish washing brushes etc.

There you have it!

• Anna @ D16 says:

See, THIS is what the internet is good for. Every day I hope that you will post another detail of your organizational skills, and every time a new post goes up, my heart gets all racy.
    Once again, so much inspiration. As soon as I’m done with renovating my bathroom, I’m going to start reorganizing the entire house. Yes!

• jenny says:

Hej!
    hoppas att det är okej att jag länkar till dig!?
    jätte mysig blogg!
    kram jenny

• Lessie says:

I feel stupid, but it’s never occurred to me to keep supplies in the bathroom AND the kitchen AND the garage. This is a very handy tip — b/c sometimes I see something dirty but don’t want to walk to get the supplies or when I get to the supplies I forget why I’m there reaching for them… 🙂

• Ali says:

I’m about to get new storage in the garage and the utility room and so looking at your organizing ideas with interest. Sadly, with kids in the house, I don’t think decanting into other containers is going to work for me, but I certainly could do a better job of folding my cleaning cloths!

• kenn says:

I must admit to being a voyeur to your blog and flick page. Your home and organizing skills are amazing. I am an organized and clean person, but need to work on the beauty of combining the two. I am going to start working today to make my office an inspiring, clean, and organized space. thanks for your inspiration. Sorry, I have not commented on your work before, but even on the internet I am a little shy. thanks

• Jean says:

Just another great example of how it’s the small things in life that make us the happiest. I can’t imagine more neatly organized or color-coordinated towels and sponges! I just took one look at my under-sink cleaning supplies, gasped, and quickly closed the door. When I’ve got my magazines “tamed,” I’ll open that door again!

• lucy says:

This just made add one more thing on my list to organize better and condition myself to maintain it nice and neat! Thank you for inspiration!

• /B says:

Förstod att du är kattägare? Och gärna tipsar oss andra om finurligheter för hemmet?
    Har du hittat någon snygg (och inte svindyr) klösanordning för de små jamarna?

• Lindzi says:

Så smart med alla små flaskor!! Det ser så fint ut. Gillar även er finurliga trappförvaring och den nya kvasten!

• Petra says:

Rather new to your blog (found through apartmenttherapy combined with flickr), I must say I am smitten by the loveliness of your home and I am in awe of your organizational talent!
    The squeeze bottles you uses in the fridge and for cleaning liquids, where did you get them in the USA? Do you know of a similar item available in Europe?(I live in the Netherlands…)
    Thanks for blogging so well!
    Petra

• Benita says:

Petra, the squeeze bottles are from the States… I have since found out that there you can find them here in Stocholm too though, in a specialty shop for cooking. You can also get them on organize.com http://www.organize.com/12squeeze.html and they do international shipping but it’s probably going to cost you a small fortune…

• Queen of DIY says:

I love the narrow cabinet next to the toilet. I need one of those! Where did you get it?

• Queen of DIY, we built it 🙂