Weeds

I love weeding. Both the variety that grows unwanted in my garden and the kind I did today.

Our house is pretty small. We do have adequate storage because I made it a priority to have a place for everything and everything in it's place but sometimes stuff just accumulates and it's time to get rid of some.

This weekend I tried to put away some things in my craft area and they wouldn't fit in the drawers so I figured it was time to do a bit of sorting and weeding again.

There are many good ways of getting rid of stuff without throwing it in the trash. I buy from the Red Cross charity shop and I pass on to them some things that I no longer have use for. This weekend some books, egg cups and kids cartoon mugs went their way.

Another good way it to pass on to friends. That's where some of my craft supplies are going. I get so many samples from work and will not ever be able to use them all so I'm passing on some to my friend Anne and her daugther Märtha and to my friend Sanna who loves to craft too.

Wille has four year old twin cousins and they will get books we've grown out of. Still love them but they will be read and loved over at their house too.

The bag above contains some of Wille´s grown out clothes and we have a neighbor boy who is just behind Wille in size so we pass on the good stuff to him.

If you want more organizing and weeding tips you can check out the post I contributed to at Apartment Therapy a while back if you haven't read it already. It's funny though. I was supposed to write ten and there are only nine… That's how organized I really am…

• sherrieg says:

I love Freecycle (www.freecycle.org) for giving things to people in your area. It’s such a brilliant concept, and there are people who will take anything! 🙂

• Carola says:

sorting out is one of my favorite activities! i give part of the stuff to friends and family, like you do. some things go to the second hand shop in the area and i also donate books to the local library.

• Caroline says:

Jag bara älskar din blogg!!!!! Satt i timtals i fredags med ett glas vin och ropade på min man att komma och titta hela tiden. Nu skall vi bygga ett skoställ/hylla efter att inspirerats av ditt fina bygge!!! Någonstans finns det en ordningsam och organiserad tjej hos mig med, jag komemr närmare den med din hjälp och alla dina tips!
    Önskar dig en fin måndag!!
    /Caroline

• darci says:

This is the best way,(specially on the receiving end) a friend just gave us some stuff and it felt like getting a care package!

• sunny says:

I am a visual learner and it helped me so much to see the photos of your various items that are leaving your house.
    I too love to sort out things and package them up to leave the house.
    Your post was quite inspiring to me. I will be sorting out even more items this week.

• Benita says:

sherrieg, I’ve heard of freecycle but I don’t think it excists here in Sweden. Will try and find out though because it’s such a cool idea. I usually give away larger pieces of furniture by placing an ad saying “free” on “Blocket” (Sweden’s “Craigslist”). I’m happy to get rid of things so quickly, they are usually gone the same day, and the person picking it up is happy to get something for free 🙂

• Benita says:

Caroline, vad kul att du gillar min blogg 🙂