I’ve Been Spoilt

Seriously, I must have the best readers!

I love to blog! I love to share what I do around the house with all of you! I get the sweetest e-mails and comments thanking me for apparently helping some of you to get organized. All those comments and e-mails make me so happy and they are more than enough to keep me going but once in a while I get the most amazing real mail. You know the kind that fills your real life mail box in the street?!

About a week ago the 884 page Home Comforts book arrived, sent by Lizzy (Thank you again so much!). I'm on the last pages of my Elisabeth George (nail biting) but I'm diving into this one straight after! I did read the foreword already which is so great, the author Cheryl Mendelson used to keep house on the sly because she was (is) this layer/professor and was supposed to be doing "more important things" than doing laundry. I too would love to do laundry instead of more important things.

Today I got two ( 2!) packages in the mail!

I squeaed with delight (Bonus is my witness) as I opened the first one from Rebekah. The latest issue of one of my absolute favorite magazines, Real Living! Yay! Also in this Aussie package; a gorgeous tea towel, a Bush Botanicals foot care kit (I can certaintly use that after flip-flopping about in the garden), some yummy Caramello Koala sweets and some Butter(!) & Menthol drops (sucking one now). How awesome! Thank you soooooooooooooo much Rebekah!

When I squealed with delight the second time it was because of what was in the second package. Check out all the Martha Craft goodies Jean sent me! Cookie boxes, tissue papers, waxed papers, string, ribbons, stickers and gift bags, everything I could possibly want and more. I love, love, love it! Thank you, thank you, thank you, Jean!

Wow, girls, you really spoilt me rotten! It's almost like Christmas but better because it's so unexpected. Ok, I'm off to soak my feet, have a Koala and read about aprons, rags and mops. See you tomorrow!

• Wow – så härligt att få sådant i sin bredlåda!! Det måste vara vänner till dig eller? Eller i alla fall “bloggvänner”? Eller hur har de fått tag på din adress? Oavsett så förstår jag fullkomligt att du blev alldeles upp över öronen glad för dina presenter! 🙂 Särskilt den där sista – så ljuvligt! I like Martha!
    Kram Jenny

• Rebekah says:

Glad it arrived! You are very welcome!
    Love your blog and many thanks for always sharing your ideas and tips.

• NancyV908 says:

I know you’re not fishing for more, but honestly, for all the help & enjoyment your blog has provided me–free!–I feel as though I *should* be repaying you. I’m glad you enjoyed those nice gifts.
    I got Home Comforts many years ago when it was first released. I think it is a wonderful book, & I continue to consult it. I should probably go back to it in a more systematic way. I agree–her introduction is wonderful.
    Thanks for your wondeful blog. Because of the time difference, it is the only one that is in Google Reader when I check it in the morning, before the rest of my family is awake. It is my early-morning treat!

• Michelle of Montreal says:

Almost perfect timing to celebrate half-Christmas, June 25th!

• Kari says:

I really like Home Comforts. I read it through every couple of years–it is really relaxing for me. I also use it as a reference.
    Kari

• Jean says:

Ditto Rebekah’s comments – It’s because of your blog that I am connecting with what matters to me and no longer storing those items that aren’t important. I feel like have a new lease on life without clutter tying me down and your blog was my inspiration.

• Malena says:

Now you have to show us where you put all those things!

• Give and you shall receive, är det väl? Du har inspirerat så många, även mig, nog skall du väl få någonting tillbaks?! Jag beställde faktiskt min första ets-kräm, så snart ska här pysslas. Tack för tipset!
    Petra- Designfragment

• Den enda som jag har haft lite mer mailkontakt med är Jean faktiskt. De har bett om min adress för att de velat skicka “nåt litet” som tack för goda råd men när det kommer stora kartonger blir man ju både överraskad och jätteglad 🙂

• How cool, I didn’t think of that!

• I’m not really putting them anywhere, I’ll be using them 🙂 Teatowel neads a hanger and then it’ll go in the kitchen. I’ll be eating the chocolate, rubbing my feet with the scrub and lotion and reading the book and mag. I’ve already put a couple of the cookie boxes & co into use for hostess gifts! I love useful gifts!

• Hannah says:

Hey 🙂 I discovered your blog a while ago and read every single entry till the beginning! I love your blog, it always brightens my day. And it inspires me to organize my chaos.
    Greetings from Germany!

• Spencer says:

How delightful! What wonderful pressies,
    Blessings,
    Spencer

• Sanna says:

Boken är helt jäkla underbar, jag har haft den i ett år. Det är svårt att tänka sig hur djäkla mycket info hon fick in i den… Jag skulle säga: Läs “introduktionssidorna” först, och börja sedan sakta plöja dig igenom boken. Första gången jag läste den kändes det som att huvudet bara spann av allt det här hushållsarbetet som jag aldrig gjort! Trots att jag bor i hyresrätt och inte behöver oroa mig för rör, eller har stengolv, eller… whatever. 😉
    Du är nu min stora inspiration för ett snyggt hem. 😉 Älskar att läsa de fina beskrivningarna på dina DIY-projekt, och vi ska utnyttja beskrivningen på Willys skrivbord, till att göra en MDFlåda att sätta katternas låda i. Det finns många som byggt in sina kattlådor (se Kattforum.se > Allmänt Kattprat > Populära trådar > Hemmabygge-tråden), och eftersom vi har två innekatter vill jag bli kvitt sand och doft.
    Nu ska jag bara lista ut vilken färg den ska bli… vi har en röd hall och många mörka trämöbler, så… vi får se! 🙂

• Lizzy says:

I just got my internet connection after my move, so I just saw this. I was very happy to send “Home Comforts” to you. I hope you enjoy it as much as I and others of your blog readers have!

• Home Comforts is one of my favourite home making books, I’ve given it as wedding gifts to several friends. I’m planning on having my teens read it. Hope you enjoy it!

• Franziska says:

what a really nice surprise!