Little Things That Make me Happy

Tags: , ,

I went to IKEA last Thursday after work. Haven't been for at least a year.

Got the usual wine glassescandles, paper napkins and batteries. Nothing exciting. I also got a metal drawer unit. Kind of exciting because it means there will be some organizing of clutter in the boat room. That was actually the purpose of the trip.

One good spur of the moment purchase was a new pillow.I've had back pain in the morning for quite a while and considered buying a new mattress but who would have known that an $18 pillow would be the remedy?!

Another purchase that makes me really happy are the glass jars above. At $3 a piece they are cheering me up every time I do a load of laundry. I added the white dot sticker to keep the whites detergent from the coloreds.

On a completely different note, this is such a lovely home. Very different from ours but I haven't swooned so much in a very long time. I guess the awesome photography is also partly to blame.

• carol k says:

I love seeing how you update small things in your home.Every time I go to Ikea I debate over buying that drawer unit.. I don’t know why I haven’t bought it yet.
    I see “Mr. Pain-in-the-backs” visits you too. He comes to our house a LOT! I got the Ikea pillow for side sleepers and it has helped some. We need a new mattress and are in a er…debate… as to which brand to buy.
    The home you have linked to is lovely. I love how quiet and calm it feels.

• Chloe says:

I saw that AT post earlier too, and loved it! Such a calm, organic feel to it.
    Trips to ikea are fun! Love your laundry setup…

• Kari says:

Yes, I saw those pictures yesterday–beautiful photos and a beautiful home. I love to “collect houses” in terms of style inspiration–Chez Larsson is certainly one, that house another, YHL another. None are really like my house (a 1929 bungalow with all the original features intact and the woodwork in its original finish), but they do give me ideas and inspiration for my own home.

• tiina says:

Oh, I know what you mean about the home in Chicago. I have had the picture from the kitchen hanging on my inspiration board for a while now. I love the style!♥

• Karyn says:

There’s different laundry powder for whites and coloureds? Who’d a thunk it?

Do you have any idea how to storage (and to achive that nice look like yours) liquid detergent, since I don’t use any powder. Ikea stuff is welcome suggestion since it is just around the corner. Thank you.