365 Day 316-322

NOV 12

My new routine since working Friday’s is to rush home and clean before Wille gets back from school. I leave work at 3 pm on Friday’s and am home at 4 but Wille doesn’t get back until after 5 which gives me a good hour and a half of cleaning. This way I don’t have to do any ON the actual weekend. Yay!  Also with just the four of us in the house I only need to clean half as much (!) so I alternate and do the floors and dust and do the upstairs bathroom one week and leave the downstairs bathroom and the basement for the week after.

NOV 13

The fairy lights are up in the oak tree! I love how the light up the very dark evenings we’re having. I’m really loving November because it leads up to December.

NOV 14

Miss Mini with the pink “scarf” I knitted for her. She loves it! It’s so cute, while I’m typing away here she lies next to me on her cushion on the desk and I can pet her while I’m blogging. Our beauty! In this season of giving thanks I say Thank You every day that Mini is still with us.

NOV 15

I have such a hard time saying no to kids selling stuff at the door. This time I the little guy didn’t have any change on him as I was the first house he visited so I ended up buying two boxes of “kokosbollar”.

NOV 16

Off to Finland for work really quickly. Dinner at a city center restaurant, Maya, in the evening, and meetings all day the next day. Did manage a quick visit to the cemetery just after we got to the hotel before the dinner and placed some candles on my dads grave.

NOV 17

Back home again and it’s been really cold both in Finland and here. Sure sign of cold weather is when Bonus snoozes inside all day.

NOV 18

Garland at night. The shadows really are cool but my photo doesn’t really do them justice.

So this weekend I’m meeting Sanna (we were both too busy last weekend) and I hope to see Harry Potter with Wille. I wasn’t sure he’d want to see it with me this time around but rather with a friend. Turns out his ol’ mama is still welcome to watch with him AND he’s seeing it with friends too later :).

Happy weekend!

• Jo says:

Happy Friday..
    I love your comment about housework. So 20% fewer residents has resulted in 50% less cleaning… gotta love that maths. ;o)
    We have a 15 year old mini schnauzer called Nikki, and I give thanks for every extra day we get with her too.
    Oh and I must ask.. what exactly is kokosbollar ? because frankly it just sounds rude.. ;o)
    Have a great weekend.
    Jo xx

• Haha! Kokosbollar are a little bit like chocolate and coconut covered marschmallow fluff but airier. Don’t know if that makes sense :).

• Petra from NL says:

It’s always nice to get a sneak peek in your week on Friday.
    I still watch Harry Potter with my nieces and nephews (age 22-25), they even call me as soon as the new release date is known and I know I am pleased that they want to stick to this ‘tradition’. Have fun!

• Jo says:

Makes perfect sense.. and sounds yummy.
    Enjoy Harry Potter.
    xx

• Anne says:

We went to Harry Potter this Wednesday, me Märtha and August! Märtha loved it (but she’s a real HP-fan and knows everything by heart) August thougt it was good but boring when it came to feelings and kissing :). I liked it too but was a little bit tired towards the end (2hrs and 26 minutes!). Hope you’ll enjoy it! Kramelikram!

• Cynthia says:

Sounds like a lovely week! May I ask where you got the ‘circles’ window film that is in the window of the bedroom behind the TV in the first picture? I’ve been looking for some attractive window film for ages, but so far have only found sources where nice-looking = quite expensive! Would be wonderful to hear any tips or recommendations you might have 🙂 Happy weekend!

• Monica says:

Loving the garland and kokosbullar! And your cats. 🙂 Hoping to fit Harry into my schedule. Have a great weekend!

• VICTORIA says:

I heart the first photo…the space is so chic yet calming and So neutral but the textures are lovely.The Images are Outstanding!thanks for sharing.

• Siri says:

Oh I think the garland looks beautiful! I’ve said it before and I’ll say it again; I LOVE the owl you have there!
    The first thing I’ll do when we can afford to buy a house is to get a cat! I miss having a cat welcoming me at the door – and snuggling up next to me on the couch in the evening. How’s the weather over there now? We have beautiful weather here now. Sunny, but it is a bit cold.

• I actually made that by cutting out circles from frosted film with a circle cutter and then stuck them to the frosted perspex which I installed intead of the glass that was there before.

• Our weather is the same, cold but beautiful 🙂

• We’re going to try and see Harry Potter, too. Have a great weekend!

• Lisa says:

Haha, we do have some rude sounding desserts in Sweden.
    The standard chocolate balls which I think aren’t typically Swedish (Mix oatflakes, butter, sugar and cocoa, form small balls and roll in coconut flakes or granulated sugar) used to be called “N*groballs”, but because “N*gro” is derogatory, now we just call them chocolate balls. In my mum’s old cookbook they still have their old name. Should clarify that the Swedish word for balls only refers to the inanimate object, it’s not slang for certain anotomy, so takes away a bit of the rudeness.
    We do also have these small raspberry shaped jellies- known as “Virgin boobs”.
    Not to mention that custard filled buns are known, at least where I come from, as “Grandma’s phlegm buns”.
    TMI, I know. And yeah… we’re wierd.

Does it really make such a difference in cleaning without one person?
    I (but would love too!) didn’t notice any reduction of that work since I live as single but with cats. But i did realise that i miss his co-working in maintenance of the apartment LOL

• Kathia says:

I love to see Mini and Bonus. And I love to see your home, it inspire me to transform my house. You’re a busy person, however your home is indue order!
    You’re an inspiration to me (I have ADD). Have a great weekend.
    Kathia

• kirsty says:

Miss Mini is sooo cute! I love november too, such a magical time of the year!

• Nancy says:

Seeing Bonus snuggling reminds me of the cat I had when I was growing up. Our current cat is not much of a snuggler.
    I love the optimism of November…the feeling that you can get everything done for the holidays that you want to, but by mid December reality hits and you have to prioritize a whole lot more. Perhaps I should have signed up for the Get Organized for the Holidays Workshop after all, maybe next year.

• devil says:

I love how that garland dresses up that lamp. And it doesn’t look like every other house on the block – it’s uniquely beautiful.
    Willie gets to see Harry Potter with you and again with his friends? That’s win/win!
    I crack up at the cuteness of Mini’s face every time you post a close-up pic of her. Too cute!

• Filipa says:

Hi Benita,
    I follow your blog since May and I love it 🙂 Your house always looks so white and so clean:) I have a black cat and I have a question to you: how do you work with cat’s hair in the house? I use the specific brush on her very often but I have a lot of hair in the sofa and in my bed all the time! I need to have an additional polar blanket in my bed (to protect my cover) to her but it’s hard to clean – when I put in the wash machine, the hair still there…to the sofa I use a rubber glove but for the clothes…could you share with me your secret? Thanks a lot! If possible could you answer to my e-mail? anyway, I will check the post replies. Thanks a lot and congratulations by your great blog! Filipa (Portugal)

• Michelle of Montreal says:

Being an architect, I got excited when I saw your photo of the Helsinki train station. It’s from an interesting period in Scandinavian design, when architects were struggling with the desire to be modern, yet not let go of treasured nationalist ideals. So glad I can “visit” the building vicariously through you!

• Carolina says:

I’m doing the workshop this year, for the first time, and it is great! I have managed to get my Christmas cards done already and a lot of other stuff 🙂

• Sara says:

They have a very rude name, but they’re one of my favorite treats every time I visit my mormor in Sweden. I finally figured out how to make them myself last Christmas and had a heart attack when I realized how much butter is in them.

• mydesignchic says:

Your images are lovely…especially loving the garland!!

Question about cleaning with cats: dryer saved my life! Every week I wash all the blankets and get out of dryer at least one whole cat LOL, it even helps if I want to remove cats hair from my suit – I just use cold refreshing program and 15 minutes later everythings is hair free, even things I am not aloud to wash but only dry clean.

• I just came across your beautiful blog! I like your comment about cleaning… I agree, it’s SO nice to get that out of the way. Enjoy the rest of your weekend!

• Jo says:

Very few things in life would not be greatly improved by the introduction of butter. Rude desserts included. ;o)
    Jo xx

• Filipa says:

Thanks! I will try it today!