So last week on Friday I was sitting on the train to my mom’s which is a five and a half our train ride and then back again on Sunday. I both enjoy the ride because it’s time that can be spent doing nothing but after doing nothing for ten minutes I get bored and try to amuse myself. This week’s list is about how I kill time on a train.
* … read. Preferably crime novels but home design magazines have also been known to appear in the seat pocket in front of me.
* … check out blogs. I always bring my laptop and go online using my mobile internet thingy.
* … do cross word puzzles. There’s always one in the free magazine on the train and it’s just the right level of difficulty.
* … snack.
* … sleep, trying not to drool.
* … watch the landscape pass by. Those are the ten minutes of doing nothing.
* … make lists or add to them. On this trip my bathroom list got filled up.
* … watch movies. I didn’t on this trip because I was so busy list making but when I do I use a service called headweb on my laptop.
* … read junk mail. I brought some catalogs with me and ripped out ads and articles I wanted to check out further. Mostly related to stuff for the new house.
* … update cell phone contacts, sort messages and check out iPhone apps.
* … clear out and organize my tote bag. Martha even cleans her purses and bags with baby wipes when traveling, I just toss empty receipts and sort straying stuff into the different pockets. Oh, Martha!
That’s about it! Please feel free to add your time killers in the comments for next time I and the rest of you travel.
Ps. Please excuse the photo, I took it on a very shaky train with my iPhone…