Storage!

Finally!

Our storage shelves are up and now I can start to unpack the boxes in the basement. I know my next door neighbor doesn't read my blog but if she did I AM SO SORRY FOR ALL THE LATE NIGHT BANGING ON METAL!

These shelves are the best once they're up but assembling them is a complete nighmare with countless bruises, pinches and the NOISE! I was wearing ear protection but that metal against metal…

As soon as I've unpacked the boxes in the basement and a few that are still unpacked in Wille's room due to some still not built in shelves I'll tally up the boxes and let you know how many I did end up using.

• Monica says:

Someday my basement will look like this, someday my basement will look like this….

• Robyn says:

I think you certainly have all your ducks in a row Benita!
    Bet you can’t wait until all this is over, but at least we’re all on the journey with you so you’re not alone 😉

• Hxx says:

That ‘noise’ has got to be up there with the noise when trying to untangle coat hangers (plastic are the worst) – sets my teeth and everything on edge!
    Looks smart though and worth the pain!

• Nicky says:

It is nice to see how it is all coming together. it sounds like hard work, but isn’t it worth it? Congratulations on your new home. I will be looking forward to seeing the changes and witness how you are making it your own.

• elisa says:

There is nothing so calming for me as good storage. except perhaps also having less objects to store than i have storage! i can just imagine the noise, eee! i have spent an afternoon organising everything we own into storage and i’m so thankful to the person who built the shed with brilliant shelves & drawers. ahh. happy organising.

We have same basement shelves, I love them! But would likem to have that much light and space down there as you have 😉

• Peta says:

I wish I had a basement so it could look like this!
    😉

• katrine k says:

So great, I also want a basement like that!

• Peta says:

Looking good!
    Here they are pretty strict about making noise. I can’t do anything noisy early in the morning, for a couple of hours at lunch / siesta time and in the evening. I try to respect these “noise rules” when I do my DIY even though the people above us don’t!! I’m sure they wear high heels 24 hours a day and that is more annoying than someone who occassionaly does DIY.
    Well, I’m off to drill some holes in the wall.
    🙂

• Helena says:

Det kommer att bli såååå bra när det är färdigt!! Vi har kollat efter lite olika metall-lagerhyllor men de flesta har varit ganska rangliga… Var heter de du använder? Var har du köpt dem?

• Vi hade dem i förra huset och dessförinnan stog de på en fabrik så de är second hand men t ex Witre http://www.witre.se/CategoryDisplay säljer sånt.

• Maki says:

Looking good! It wasn’t a bad idea to start with the storage!!
    You make me wanna clean upp my storage!!!

• Karen says:

I put a shelf unit like yours together over 20 years ago and we are still using it. It was the hardest thing to put together and oh the scrapes and pinches! I was so glad when I was done and swore I would never put another one together. I must paint my basement-you have been so inspiring. I have made progress but have quite a way to go! Happy organizing-love seeing your home come together. Karen from CT

• anna.zawadzka.m@gmail.com says:

Hello Benita!!
    I read your blog for quite a long time and I really, really enjoy it! I like looking at the photos you post very much and from what I read here, I think you are a lovely person and with lots of very positive energy too.It’s amazing how you deal with difficulties just turning them into something exiting 🙂
    I wish you , Wille , Mini and Bonus all the best 😀
    Anna

• devil says:

The shelves look great there. What a fab storage solution.
    At various times in my life I’ve had neighbors move in who just went to town on noisy DIY projects. And, you know, I was thrilled about it because I love having neighbors who care about their homes. So much better than having a lazy hoarder next door, right? 😉
    I’m sure your neighbors know that the moving-in noise won’t last forever. Sometimes there just aren’t enough daylight hours to get everything done.

• Ali says:

What beautiful storage shelves! Love them! 🙂
    Your new home is my dream home! I love everything you have done to make it yours!
    ~ Ali

• elsa says:

My son, Daughter-in-law and I moved from Southern California (Costa Mesa to be exact) to Portland, OR. I was shocked at how many boxes we had ~ I don’t remember the count but way over 200. It was two households, but still ~
    I’ve loving the process of your move and setting up your home!

• homestilo says:

Knowing how important organization is to you, I know you are breathing a sigh of relief right about now.

• Vicki K says:

Those shelves fit so perfectly – do they meet the wall on the right side as well? Looks neat and pleasing!!

• They don’t, but that’s a good thing since there are windows on that wall which would have been blocked.

• I bet it feels good to have some sort of organization in place. Love the pop of turquoise.

• Jaimei says:

I wish we had shelving like that in our garage. My husband has been making some odd looking storage for his tools… Maybe I’ll send him this and see what he thinks. It looks really nice! I am loving all the improvements you are doing to the new place.