Happy Thanksgiving!

IMG_6526

Happy thanksgiving, guys!

IMG_6531

My dinner club members and I celebrated ours early. Say hi to Sarah!

IMG_6537

Us dinner club members, Kerstin, Jenny, Sarah and I rotate the club dinners at our houses and this time around we were at Kerstin’s place, three houses from mine. There were cosmos…

IMG_6534

… while the last bits of preparations were done.

IMG_6540

And then we sat down for traditional turkey…

IMG_6551

… stuffing, cranberry sauce, sweet potato mash and brussel sprouts…

IMG_6542

… at the beautifully set Thanksgiving table.

IMG_6560

For three quarters of us this was our first ever proper Thanksgiving dinner and of course we topped it off with a delicious pecan pie. I had it easy this time around and just supplied the drinks. That dessert wine was oh so good if I do say so myself! Thanks girls for a lovely evening!

Hope you have a great Thanksgiving! I know I have a lot to be thankful for.

• Judith says:

Well done, ladies! This American would definitely have been happy with that Thanksgiving dinner.

• Polly says:

Wow this looks divine! We don’t celebrate thanksgiving in England, but it looks lovely.

• Sandy (USA) says:

Hey your Thanksgiving looks pretty darn nice and low key. My type of day! Your pics make me feel as if I’m right there in the mix. They’re awesome as usual!

• Jenny says:

Vad roligt att se Benita. Du tar verkligen jättefina bilder! Nu blir man påmind om hur gott och trevligt det var. Kram!
    Jenny

• andrea says:

Looks like a beautiful night. Also, please tell Sarah I love her dress.
    🙂

• Rubiatonta says:

We’re having Thanksgiving on Saturday — I was thinking about the possibility of a third pie (we already have apple and pumpkin), and pecan may be the perfect complement! Thanks for the idea.
    Yes, we have three pies — but there are 12 of us for dinner!

• Happy Thanksgiving, Benita, Wille and friends! It’s so cool to see that you had a Thanksgiving celebration and did such a great job! Love seeing your sweet pals and that little bit of Kerstin’s kitchen – looks fabulous. And that shot of Sarah – how cute is she!
    Thanksgiving is my fav holiday because it’s about gratitude, family and food. Nothing else necessary – no cards, no costumes, no candy, no mad shopping frenzies. If any American tradition is going to be adopted in other places, I’m happy to think it would be Thanksgiving. 🙂
    Wishing you, your family, friends and readers many blessings and counting my own here in snowy New York State.
    -RC at Catbird Farm

• Peggy says:

I am thankful every day that you are the start of my routine on my computer. I am thankful for your wonderful attitude, your delicious recipes, your splendid layouts, and your delightful push to do more with what we already have. Thank you, Benita, and to you I wish a very Happy Thanksgiving as well!

• Debbie from Chicago says:

Happy Thanksgiving Benita. We had a wonderful day. We celebrated at our home with my husband’s side of the family, there were 34 all together. It was crazy but a good crazy.
    I am enjoying a cup of coffee and a slice of apple pie, the start of a perfect day.
    Thanks for sharing your life with us!

• And a delicious South African wine! Well done!

• Laura says:

I love the idea of a dinner club! Also think it’s great that you had a Thanksgiving themed one – I spent 10 years in the States and am sorry to say we had burgers for our Thanksgiving dinner!

• Vicki K says:

I just love that you had Thanksgiving–did everyone need a walk or a nap after you ate? You had such a beautiful spread! One tradition – that you did not need in this case – was the makeshift “kids’ table”. It is usually a card table with a (perhaps) paper tablecloth to be colored on while waiting for the food. And it is a rite of passage to move from that to the adult table when there is room 😀

• Michelle says:

As a long-time reader from Cape Town in South Africa, I am so thrilled you loved our wine!

• ~Michelle says:

Happy Thanksgiving Benita! Love that you celebrated it with us!

• tanya says:

A little late to post but how lovely that you celebrated Thanksgiving! Last year I received a request from friends in Vienna – that they would buy my airline ticket if I would fly to Austria in late November to make an American Thanksgiving dinner for them. I couldn’t resist – and ended up cooking for 12 adults and 7 children!
    It was great fun – I never realized how intrigued people in other countries can become over this feast day in the US. But, of course – we all have much to be thankful over, so it’s a good reason to set aside a time for a special dinner, in the US or abroad.