This is one of those posts that I'm probably more excited about than you... I finally have a working system for hanging my washing that's not standing on the floor like my current temporary one is. Yay!
I don't know if you remember this post where I said we were going to get a new heating system come spring. Well that's not on anymore we found out the other week. 50% of the households in our neighborhood needed sign up and in most other neighborhoods they had so our hopes were really up.
For some reason the idea was turned down and with that came that I lost the drying space for laundry I had hoped for. I had planned on adding a dryer and have a small additional drying rack next to it but now there's not room for both so I 've skipped the idea of the dryer and since I added the blue cabinet and took my old washing line down I needed to think of something else.
I'm pretty happy with my solution to the problem. It's kind of odd and different and definitely not standard issue but it works. Again yay!
Here's my wacky how to:
Take a piece of wood that's just randomly laying about in the garage. Cut it to size and drill three pairs of holes, at the ends and in the middle.
Here the strip of wood has been primed and mounted on the wall with screws and plugs.
The holes were spackled, the wood painted and eye hooks screwed in at regular intervals.
On the opposite side where the heater is I put heavy duty magnets on the metal side of the heater.
I tried using the magnets on the blue cabinet too but because the washing line was longer there the line drooped too much so I drilled holes in the side of the cabinet and inserted eye hooks with washers and nuts instead. The washing line was then threaded back and forth from side to side in the eye hooks and fastened at the end.
Hey presto! It works!