It's never too soon to talk about the holidays is it? At least not in my book. Although my job requires me to be in the holiday spirit 12 months of the year (we have our first Christmas campaign meeting at work in January each year...) I still love it and can't wait to start decorating!
The holidays can be really stressful though, there's so much anticipation, so much to do and it can easily become too much.
My friend and sponsor Aby of Simpify 101 has a great workshop on that very subject. It's called Get Organized for The Hoidays Before, During and After and you have a chance to win a spot in the 5 week / 10 lesson online class!
Check out the contents:
- 5 information-packed lessons including holiday planning forms, checklists, and worksheets you can use year after year.
- 6 bonus handouts:
- Bonus handout #1: Pre-workshop assignment “Create a Holiday Planner.”
- Bonus handout #2: "Simple + Fun Ways to Celebrate Your Holiday Inspiration Statement" by Aby Garvey
- Bonus handout #3: “Tips to Simplify the Season” by Aby Garvey
- Bonus handout #4: “Holiday Meal Planning Made Easy” by Laura of the popular OrgJunkie blog.
- Bonus handout #5: “Simple + Stylish Holiday Decorating Ideas” by Benita Larsson of the popular Chez Larsson blog! Yes, that's me :) and I'll be joining in the forum for a few days too!
- Bonus handout #6: “Holiday Card Organizer Project” by Aby Garvey
- Learn on your time schedule in a format that works for you–online web pages, printable PDF handouts or MP3 audio files.
- Access to the workshop forum and photo gallery for a full 10 weeks.
In all you will:
- Figure what’s most important to you and your family to have a joyful holiday season.
- Create a holiday planner and fill it up with printable forms and worksheets that will organize all aspects of your holiday preparations.
- Create a customized holiday plan so you can get it all done. You’ll be organized, prioritized and energized!
- Learn practical, doable strategies for simplifying the key areas of your holiday preparations…from cooking, baking and entertaining, to shopping, wrapping and sending out holiday cards.
- Share gift ideas, recipes, holiday traditions, tips and more in the private workshop forum.
- Learn a simple process for getting your holiday gifts put away and your home put back together.
- Learn how to store your holiday décor efficiently and effectively.
- Get tips and ideas for making next year’s holiday season even better than this year, and exchange ideas with your classmates.
- Share photos of your holiday decorations and storage solutions in the online photo gallery.
- Create a simple and fun project to organize your holiday cards so you can enjoy them next year.
I took this class last year and besides from it being great fun (the forum) it also was really, really, useful (the handouts). I learned a lot and enjoyed reading my classmates thoughts on what was important to them during the holidays and it really got me thinking of how I want my own to be.
So, if you want to win a spot in Aby's class which starts November 3rd please let us know via a comment below which one of the workshop topics above interests you the most. Comments will close on Sunday afternoon (my time) and the winner will be announced on Monday! Good luck!
***EDIT: COMMENTS ARE NOW CLOSED ***