When Wille and Martin returned from Skåne Wille told me he had tasted the best granola ever at his grandma's place. And it's home made! And healthy! So we made some. D.e.l.i.c.i.o.u.s.
- 5 dl / 2 cups Rolled oats
- 5 dl / 2 cups Rye flakes (look like rolled oats but from rye)
- 2 dl / 1 cup Almonds or walnuts
- 1 dl / 1/2 cup Linseed
- 2 dl / 1 cup Sunflower seeds
- 1 dl / 1/2 cup Shredded coconut
- 1 1/2 dl / 2/3 cup Brown sugar
- 2 dl / 1 cup Water
- 5 tablespoons Canola oil
- 2 dl / 1 cup Raisins / Dried apricots/ Goji berries
Chop the almonds or walnuts and place in a large bowl.
Add the dry ingredients except for the raisins/apricots/goji berries. Mix together.
Heat oven to 200 C / 390 F.
Mix water with oil and sprinkle it over the dry ingredients.
Make sure all the ingredients are damp by mixing with your hands.
Spread the damp granola onto a large greased baking sheet.
Put it in the oven for 20-30 minutes checking and stirring at least three times so the granola gets evenly roasted. Be sure to check more often towards the end so it doesn't burn!
Once it's done, take it out, let cool, add the raisins or whatever you prefer and then store in an air tight jar.
Wille couldn't stop eating it. He's tried it with yoghurt, in milk, as snacks straight out of the jar and on ice-cream. Y.u.m.m.y.