Here’s that recipe I tried at my mom’s first and then made again at home. Plum tart. Delicious!
For the tart
- 4 dl or 1 3/4 cups Flour
- 1 ml or 1/5 teaspoon Baking soda EDIT! Baking powder!
- 1/2 dl or 3 1/2 tablespoons brown castor sugar
- A pinch of salt
- 100 grams or 3 1/2 oz Butter
- 2 tablespoons Almond liqueur (I substituted with water)
For the filling
- 15 plums
- 3 tablespoons Sugar
- 1 teaspoon Ground cardamom
- 50 grams or 1,7 oz Almond paste
- 2 Eggs
- 2 dl or 7 fl oz Cream
Oven temperature 225 C or 430 F.
- Mix the flour, baking powder, brown sugar and salt in a food processer (with the knife thingy). Add the butter and run until the mixture is crumbly. Add water or liqueur and mix until the dough forms a ball. Press the dough into a dish of about 23 cm or 9 inches in diameter.
- Half the plums and remove the pits and place the halves in the dish on top of the dough. Sprinkle sugar and cardamom on top and pop into oven for about 15 minutes.
- Remove the tart from the oven and grate the almond paste evenly over the tart. Whisk egg and cream together and pour over tart. Pop into oven for another 20 minutes until solid.
The original recipe says serve with whipped cream but Wille and I prefer vanilla ice-cream.