I haven’t mentioned house hunting until this past week but I’ve been looking for a while already. In the beginning not so much to actually be prepared to bid because we hadn’t made a firm decision to sell but to get an idea of what’s out there in my price bracket. Not a whole lot unfortunately.
This week’s list is about what frustrates me when it comes to house hunting. In no particular order (it’s all very frustrating):
* Most of the properties in my price range are newer condominium type homes where you pay a lower price but a high “rent”. Also there are often pet restrictions.
* When the starting price on a property is set low to lure you in to view and bid: Please spare us that agony sellers!
* When the listing goes up two weeks prior to the view date? Why??? Are the sellers too lazy to prepare the viewing of the house in a week or what? The wait is agony.
* When said houses sell before the two week wait… It’s happened to me a few times already. One house we planned to view in an open house on Sunday sold on Saturday… (scrambled photo above).
* Wide angle lenses making everything look really spacious and when you arrive it’s really super poky.
* Photo shopped images where everything looks really clean and tidy and on arrival you notice it’s dingy and scuffed.
* The other potential buyers who look smug, rich and confident.
* Meeting with the bank to get approved for a loan. Nerve-wracking and frustrating since half the time I don’t 100% get what they’re saying. I’m so not good with numbers or interest rates nor am I that interested. I know what I can spend and I promise to pay you back, ok?!
* Bidding. OMG. My stomach is in knots most days anyway because of my IBS but this bidding business is so not helping (scrambled photo above…).
* Speaking of bidding and bidders; Please hurry up people! Why so slowly? Get on with it. Make up your minds, are you in or are you out?
That’s how I feel about it. What’s your experience house hunting?
Ps. Happy Friday!
Pps. Oops! I did it again. I accidentally posted this last night (in case you recognize it). See what house hunting does to me!!