Such a tiny kitty. She’s not called Mini for nothing.
Such a sizeable rat. We’re talking 15 cm (6”) + tail. It met it’s fate when encountering said little kitty.
I encountered it when I got back from work. Such a nice surprise.
Btw, I'm competing in the "Sight" category in the Metro Photo Challenge with my photo of Mini.Apparently you can vote for it but I have no idea how. If you figure it out, I'd happily accept your vote. Haha. You can vote for my photo (or any other photo) by doing a mouse-over (no pun intended) over the photo and clicking the top round symbol on the right. Thank you!
I’m not the only one on meds right now. No, Mini’s fine now but Bonus had an allergic reaction to some fertilizer and needs to take cortisone for a couple of weeks and also needs the corners of his mouth that are affected dabbed daily with salt solution. I know, we’re on a roll in terms of ill fortune right now! Anyway, if you met Bonus you wouldn’t know there’s something wrong with him because he’s acting completely normal but he needs this stuff every day. Being the resident nurse I needed to organize my supplies as per usual since I’m no good with clutter as you’re probably aware of by now.
So out came an old bread tin and in it I corralled all the supplies needed. This way I can see it all and remember every day but it’s all nice and contained.
As for giving Bonus the pills it’s been a trial and error situation. It was impossible to give them to him in pill form as he’d spit and spit until they were out and I felt so bad having to force something down his throat. Instead I grind the pills up in this cute tiny mortar and mix them in with a spoon full of tuna. I tried his regular wet food but that didn’t work, he must have felt that it tasted different but the tuna which he doesn’t get that often works fine! Every day after giving it to him I’m like “Score!”. One more week to go with lower dosage (1 pill per day) and we’re done.
Oh, and in case you’re wondering about the basil in the second photo. Yes, it’s still the same one still going strong!
Ok, we have a cone situation on our hands again. Or rather on Mini’s cute little head.
Where Bonus is our scaredy cat, Mini is our feisty one. Mini doesn’t shy away from potential danger but faces it head on. Pun not intended. This little tiny kitty takes on our neighborhood’s big cats and chases them off our property. If needed she’ll fight. Hard.
Last week she came home with a bite mark on her head which turned into a boil and on Wednesday we took her to the vet and it turned out that the wound was so deep that she had to have a drainage tube put in so it would heal properly. We took her back to the vet’s on Friday morning for the procedure. They sedated her and when we picked her up later in the afternoon she had a cute little bow on her head. Mini was NOT happy about her new look.
Luckily the tube and the stitches will come out later today (Wille's taking her) and until now we've been giving her meds and flushing the tube out twice a day. She’s totally ok with all the fussing but she’s so not happy about not being able to go outside. The first day was miserable as she sat by the cat flap meowing and not understanding why it didn’t open like normal. By now she’s settled down more but I can’t wait to let her out again. And us humans out again too. In this heat we’ve had to keep the doors closed so she can’t escape. Much like four years ago when Mini was hit by a car and broke her jaw. That time she wore a cone for months, now luckily it’s just been for a few days. Mischievous Miss Mini.
So, I’ve been wanting to do another concrete craft ever since I participated in, and WON, the Panduro concrete challenge a few years ago. See my entries to the challenge at the end of this post.
Anyway, I had envisaged doing a concrete circle grouping like I showed here, but as the time went by I decided against the idea.
I still had some bags of concrete in the garage and was itching to do something fun with them. In the photo above you see the entrance to our back yard from the park. There were some random pavers going on a diagonal from the walkway towards the opening and they’ve bugged me ever since we moved in. 1) Don’t like those pebbled pavers at all. 2. On a diagonal? I like things straight.
So I dug them up. They’re not technically on my property so I saved them in the garage should anyone miss them. Not very likely since one was barely visible and almost completely overgrown (as a matter of fact I’m sure there are more but they’re totally overgrown). I then filled the holes with soil and there will grow weeds there in no time like the rest of that strip of lawn between us and the path, I’m sure.
My idea was to use this piece of chunky cardboard tube which I’ve saved for a long time to make a house number. We do get deliveries around the back of the house with gardening supplies etc and it’s hard to explain which house to deliver to when they all basically look the same and none have numbers back there.
So I took my tube and searched online for a font that would both work with the age of the house and would work well with concrete. 2 and 7 tend not to go well together I realized (I think it’s those diagonals again!) but in the end my choice fell on Geomancy which is kind of basic and chunky and I like the dipped toe on the 7 which makes it a tiny bit more interesting. I then printed the numbers in a size that would fit well inside my tube and cut them out to see what it looked like.
I should mention that I’ve have a lot of help on this project by a certain girl. A piece of paper on the floor, ANY piece of paper on the floor, and Mini will jump right in and help out.
To be continued.
While you’re waiting , check out my other concrete crafts: