Yay! Can you see it??? It’s here!!! My Smeg has arrived and it’s all white and shiny.
So, speaking of things I love in the kitchen this week’s list is about just that, what I love about my new kitchen but also a few things I’d do differently in retrospect.
THINGS I LOOOOOOOVE ABOUT MY KITCHEN
* Obviously my new Smeg refrigerator. It’s just so lovely to look at and it works just fine despite some bad reviews.
* The recessed spotlights. I think I love them more because I didn’t expect to have them and they feel like a gift even though I most certainly paid to have them put in.
* The glossy shiny cabinet doors. I just love how they bounce off the light and I’m happy every time I walk past the kitchen. Fingerprints do show but we use the handles when opening and closing the doors and don’t touch the doors themselves much.
* The subway tiles. Choosing everything for the bathroom and kitchen went so fast so I just went for something I’ve always liked the look of for the bathroom and didn’t really consider very many other options and then went with the same for the kitchen. I still have a few square meters in the basement which will come in handy when I’ll fix the WC sometime in the future.
* The corner cabinets with the carousels inside. I thought I’d hate them but there wasn’t any other choice for the size of my kitchen. I tend to like things square and angular when it comes to storage and that carousel is anything but being the shape of a Pac Man but I love it. I can get to everything in there really easily and I’m surprised how much stuff I get in them.
* The handles. I love the clean look of the centered handles.
THINGS I MIGHT DO DIFFERENTLY “NEXT TIME”
* I’m not loving the sink that much. I do love the big size which allows me to put a whole frying pan in there but the bottom is flat and I find it hard to rinse it so all the little bits get to the drainage hole. Now they just seem to spread out all over.
* Like I said things went so fast ordering everything and the white tap was actually matching the white acrylic counter top with integrated sinks which I didn’t get because of the long delivery time. I completely forgot to change the tap to chrome which would look better with the stainless steel sink I ended up with. That’s easy to change though.
* The placement of the light switch for the lights under the cabinets. We used existing switch placements for the kitchen and living room but they’re all outside the kitchen so when I’m doing dishes and would like more light I have to step outside the kitchen area to turn the lights on. The only light switch in the actual kitchen is the one on the exhaust hood so I tend to use that a lot.
* The fact that the dish washer front is still missing and the smell of the dish washer in action. Wille likens it to “New Car” scent which he hates more than the smell of cat poo. I keep telling him I can get him a Wunderbaum with "New Car" but he’s not interested. I somehow don't think he'd go for cat poo either actually.
So, that’s this weeks list!